For anyone with an EOS R series camera, add the RF50mm F1.8 STM lens to that list. As a 50mm lens it’s already compact, but as part of the EOS R System, it’s even more compact due to its compatibility with an EOS R camera body, so there’s every reason to keep it attached or put in your bag so you can shoot – and get a great shot – anywhere and anytime. Size isn’t all though. As a fixed focal length lens, it lets you be creative with composition and can be used for a wide range of scenes, from snapshots to portraits to landscapes and more. Those images will stand out, too, just like you intend whether on social media or just sharing, thanks to impressive optical features like a PMo aspherical lens to suppress aberrations, coatings to reduce flaring and ghosting, and a large f/1.8 aperture for low-light shooting and circular bokeh. Pick it up and use it one time and you’ll see for yourself, and you won’t be able to leave the house without it.
- Compact, Lightweight Fixed 50mm Focal Length Lens.
- Large F/1.8 Aperture for Low-Light Photography and Creative Background Blur.
- A Stepping Motor (Gear-Type STM) Provides Smooth and Quiet Continuous AF During Video Recording, As Well As When Shooting Photos.
- Control Ring for Direct Setting Changes**.
- Optimized Lens Placement and Coatings Help Deliver Outstanding Color Balance, While Minimizing Ghosting and Flare.
- Circular 7-Blade Aperture Helps Deliver Beautiful, Soft Backgrounds.
- Minimum Focusing Distance of 0.98 Ft. and Maximum Magnification of 0.25x.
- 12-Pin Communication System.
- Up To 7 Stops* Of Shake Correction with EOS R Series Cameras with In-Body Image Stabilizer.