Bright and beautiful.
Versatile. Fast. Affordable.
A fast f/2.8 constant aperture. Brilliant low light capabilities. Vast depth of field control. Versatile zoom range. Macro-style close focusing. Fast, near-silent autofocus. All in a delightfully lightweight lens that's as inspiring for full-frame stills as it is for videos. The next level is now within reach.
Dial in the depth and sharpness.
Shoot wide open for a gentle image that accentuates your subject against a beautifully defocused background. As you stop down the aperture, definition gradually spreads throughout the image, sharpening details across the frame. Expand your range of expression.
The heart of the zoom range, at your fingertips.
At its widest, 28mm (42mm equivalent on DX cameras), the NIKKOR Z 28-75mm f/2.8 is great for wide landscapes, architecture, street scenes and interviews. Smoothly zoom through the sweet spots of the focal length range—35mm, 40mm and 50mm—up to 75mm (~112mm equivalent on DX cameras), a view that's ideal for portraiture and compressing your depth of field.
Electromagnetic Diaphragm Mechanism
- An electromagnetic diaphragm mechanism in the lens barrel provides highly accurate electronic diaphragm or aperture blade control when using auto exposure during continuous shooting.
- An optical glass developed by Nikon that is used with normal optical glass in telephoto lenses to obtain optimum correction of chromatic aberrations.
- A lens with a curved, non-spherical surface. Used to reduce aberrations and enable a more compact lens size. Aspherical lenses minimize coma and other types of lens aberrations, even when used at the widest aperture. They are particularly useful in correcting distortion in wide-angle lenses and help contribute to a lighter, more compact design by reducing the number of standard (spherical) elements necessary. Aspherical lens elements correct these distortions by continuously changing the refractive index from the centre of the lens.
- NIKKOR Z lenses use a stepping motor for fast, accurate, smooth, quiet autofocus with reduced wobbling. This quiet drive system makes the lenses ideal for use when shooting video.
- A NIKKOR lens in which only the internal lens group shifts during focusing. Thus, IF NIKKORS do not change in size during AF operation, allowing for compact, lightweight lenses capable of closer focusing distances. These lenses will be designated with the abbreviation IF on the lens barrel.