Champion of dawn & dusk.
Some of the most exciting moments happen in the magical light of dawn and dusk. MONARCH M5 8x42 binoculars are built for these moments with 8x magnification power and the widest view in the series. Adjustable turn-and-slide eyecups with long eye relief make these the most comfortable MONARCH binoculars yet. Nikon’s renowned ED glass reduces chromatic aberration while the dielectric high-reflective multilayer prism coatings ensure superior light transmittance; resulting in brighter images and more natural colours. In addition, phase-corrected coatings are also applied to prism surfaces to increase image resolution. The result? Better, more clear and brighter optics to take your adventure to new heights.
8x magnification. 42mm objective.
Despite their size, MONARCH M5 8x42 binoculars have large 42mm objectives (front lenses) that gather abundant light and provide an amazingly clear field of view. 8x magnification means objects appear eight times closer than they actually are.
Renowned Nikon optics.
True colours. Maximum resolution.
- The roof prisms on MONARCH M5 binoculars have a phase-corrected coating applied to prism surfaces for high resolutions. This is a view you have to see to believe.
Eco-friendly multilayer coating.
- Applied to all lens and prism surfaces, a dielectric high-reflective multilayer prism coating ensures superior transmittance uniformity across the visible range, resulting in brighter images and more natural colours.
ED glass. The difference is clear.
- Used in many premium Nikon optics, from camera lenses to spotting scopes, Nikon's ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass virtually eliminates common distortion, chromatic aberrations and colour fringing. The result? Clear high-resolution views in nearly any lighting condition.
Close, smooth focusing.
- Get as close as 8.2-ft. from your subject for striking high-detailed views. The large, smooth-spinning central focus knob makes it easy to precisely adjust focus.
Wider view. Easier spotting.
- At 1,000 yards, the MONARCH M5 8x42 binoculars deliver a 335-ft. wide field of view—wider than their predecessors, Monarch M5 8x42. Seeing more of the scene makes it easier to locate your subject, key when spotting birds and wildlife amid trees and landscapes.
Comfortable, intuitive operation.
Leave your glasses on.
- Nikon’s comfortable high-eyepoint design leaves sufficient space between your brow and the eyecups for a clear field of view, even when you’re wearing glasses.
Turn-and-slide rubber eyecups.
- Convenient turn-and-slide operation makes it easy to get the durable rubber eyecups right where you want them for maximum comfort and field of view.
- An enhanced rubber-armored body provides non-slip grip and protection from bumps and bruises.
Waterproof and fogproof.
- Nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed for fog-free performance. Keep your optics clear when you need them most.
Compact and lightweight.
- Weighing in at just 22.2 ounces, MONARCH M5 8x42 binoculars are compact, lightweight companions for adventures of any kind.