OM-D E-M1 MARK III
Take your work to new heights without the weight. Our OM-D E-M1 Mark III is part of the world’s most portable camera system. Ergonomic and lightweight, the E-M1 Mark III works seamlessly with our compact M.Zuiko PRO lenses, so you move easier, react faster, and enjoy your photography more. Use the World’s Most Effective Image Stabilization to take spectacularly sharp handheld stills and video, no tripod needed. And our most advanced OM-D features help you conquer the most challenging shooting situations. The E-M1 Mark III. Expertly crafted to capture the world’s greatest images. Like yours.
COMPACT DELIVERS BIG BENEFITS.
Why work with a portable camera system? You move easier. React quicker. Work longer. Go further. And be your most creative.
- Combine the E-M1 Mark III with our compact M.Zuiko lenses and you have the world’s most portable camera system. Compared to DSLR bodies and lenses, the E-M1 Mark III is half the size, half the weight and considerably less bulky. Enjoy more mobility to take more unique shots. Enjoy the freedom to shoot all handheld. Work longer without tiring. Stow more gear in the same size bag. Our extensive line of M.Zuiko PRO weathersealed lenses deliver incredible high resolution imaging power. We’re proving that smaller and lighter delivers huge benefits to professionals.
WORLD’S MOST EFFECTIVE IMAGE STABILIZATION
- The E-M1 Mark III’s in-body 5-Axis Image Stabilization delivers up to 7.0 shutter speed steps of compensation to capture crisp clear telephoto shots, all handheld, even in low light. Pair the camera body with a stabilized M.Zuiko PRO lens and the combined 5-Axis Sync IS produces up to 7.5 shutter speed steps of compensation, the World’s Most Effective stabilization performance. Capture blur-free handheld shots as long as 4 seconds, and enjoy greater freedom, more creativity, and better images and video.
- The core of the E-M1 Mark III is an advanced new image processing engine. Our TruePic™ IX delivers blazing fast processing while ensuring world-class image quality. Your stills and video will have astoundingly rich, accurate color, low noise and vibrant gradations. Our processor uses a new AF algorithm to power features including Handheld High Res Shot Mode, in-camera Live ND, Starry Sky AF Mode and Advanced Face / Eye Priority Autofocus.
20MP LIVE MOS SENSOR
- The E-M1 Mark III’s high-speed 20MP Live MOS Image Sensor pairs with the TruePic™ IX processor and the superior optics of M.Zuiko lenses to produce world-class image quality in all types of shooting situations.
HANDHELD HIGH RES SHOT / TRIPOD HIGH RES SHOT
- Easily capture super high-resolution images using the E-M1 Mark III’s High Res Shot Modes. With Handheld High Res Shot Mode, the camera automatically captures 16 shots in under a second, then merges them into a single 50MP image - no tripod needed. Or, use Tripod High Res Shot Mode to instantly capture 8 shots and create an incredible 80MP image.
- Leave your ND filters at home. Use the in-camera Live ND Mode to preview slow shutter effects in the electronic viewfinder or LCD monitor. Choose your level of ND from 1 step to 5 steps before capturing your perfect image. Live ND Mode virtually extends the exposure time, allowing image capture with the effect of slow shutter speed by automatically merging multiple exposures.
BUILD YOUR SYSTEM
- We created the E-M1 Mark III, now make it yours. It belongs to a large, expanding system of lenses and accessories to let you be your best at any type of photography. You’ll find everything from a battery grip to flashes and teleconverters to accessories that capture high quality video. Whatever you need for a project or trip, the Olympus OM-D system has what you’re looking for.
BAD WEATHER HAPPENS. YOUR CAMERA’S READY.
Built-in weathersealing and other features let you concentrate on getting your best shot instead of worrying about your camera gear.
WEATHERSEALED & DUST REDUCTION
- Skip the protective gear. The E-M1 Mark III features best-in-class IPX1 weather protection thanks to durable magnesium alloy construction and an advanced system of hermetic seals. Work in the rain and don’t worry about the water drops. Keep shooting if temperatures plummet — the E-M1 Mark III is freezeproof down to 14°F/-10°C. A dustproof design means worry-free shooting on windy beaches and deserts. Even changing lenses in dusty conditions is a cinch. Our Supersonic Wave Filter oscillates 30,000 times per second to shake dust and dirt away from the image sensor to effectively eliminate dark spots.
PROFESSIONAL QUALITY SHUTTER
- Heavy duty is putting it lightly. Our rigorous internal testing proves that the E-M1 Mark III’s shutter unit has a reliable lifespan of more than 400,000 actuations. For many professionals, this equates to years of reliable shooting.
DUAL CARD SLOTS
- The more you shoot, the more to manage. The E-M1 Mark III has the answer for that — dual card slots. You’ll have the flexibility to record JPEG and RAW separately, automatically switch to second card when first is full, record to different cards based on image quality mode or record to both cards simultaneously. Slot 1 is UHS-II / UHS-I compatible, while Slot 2 is UHS-I compatible.
FIRMWARE UPDATES WITH AN APP
- The latest firmware helps ensure your E-M1 Mark III is operating at its peak performance. Use the free OI.Share app to easily keep your camera up-to-date with firmware upgrades using a smart device. Plus, use OI.Share to quickly backup and restore camera settings.
DON’T JUST KEEP UP WITH ANY SUBJECT. CAPTURE IT.
Your work depends on a camera with scorching speed. Count on the E-M1 Mark III to reliably track and capture moving subjects for brilliant shots every time.
ON-CHIP PHASE DETECTION + CONTRAST DETECTION AF
- The E-M1 Mark III features 121-point all-cross-type on-chip Phase Detection plus Contrast Detection AF across the sensor plane. The cross-type Phase Detection points detect vertical and horizontal lines with industry-leading accuracy, driving fast and accurate AF performance at any aperture.
- The E-M1 Mark III boasts some of the fastest shooting speeds of any DSLR or mirrorless camera. Capture up to 60 fps with AF/AE Lock, or up to 18 fps with AF/AE Continuous Tracking. While in Continuous Tracking Mode, use the Live View display to follow your subject in live time through the electronic viewfinder for easy composing.
- Pro Capture Mode makes shooting split second action incredibly easy. It starts buffering a running series of up to 35 full resolution images the moment you press the shutter button halfway. When you see the moment you want to capture, fully press the shutter button to instantly save that moment plus the buffered shots. Because you can go back 35 frames, you’ll always get the split-second image you want. Shoot in either RAW or JPEG and never miss an exciting moment.
JOYSTICK MULTI SELECTOR
- A conveniently placed joystick lets you shift AF areas so you can quickly react to any moving subject while shooting sequentially or capturing video. You don’t even need to take your eye off the viewfinder.
MAX 100W OF USB POWER DELIVERY
- Keep the power flowing to your camera. The E-M1 Mark III enables high speed battery charging with a USB cable. If you forgot your charger, don’t worry. Power up in your car or hotel room. Go from zero percent to fully charged in about 2 hours. You can also connect a power bank to the camera for super long duration shooting — a helpful feature when working outdoors or in extreme cold.
- Shooting dark scenes such as a starry sky with Live View is a little brighter and easier. Live View Boost lets you see clearly see subjects in the dark for more effective framing.
HIGH-SPEED ELECTRONIC VIEWFINDER
- What you see is what you capture with the E-M1 Mark III’s EVF. Get distortion-free display and all the speed you need to follow any type of subject. The EVF works with Live View so you preview camera setting changes in real time. Our viewfinder boasts a max frame rate of 120 fps with an imperceptible 0.005 sec response time - all so you can compose fast moving subjects with ease.
AUTOFOCUSING THAT HELPS YOU NAIL YOUR FOCUS, EVERY TIME.
Pinpoint accuracy. Effortless autofocusing. Greater functionality. Our innovative autofocus system will help you produce work that gets you more work.
STARRY SKY AF
- Capturing the galaxy has never been easier. Our new Starry Sky AF Mode features two settings to take brilliant astro images. Our Speed Priority setting works in tandem with the E-M1 Mark III’s powerful built-in image stabilization system so you can shoot night skies handheld using wide lenses or a standard zoom. Our Accuracy Priority setting lets you use a tripod and a telephoto lens to pinpoint specific stars with incredible precision. One mode. Two settings. And endless starry photos.
FACE PRIORITY AND EYE PRIORITY AF
- Shooting split second action is effortless with Pro Capture Mode. It starts buffering a running series of up to 35 high resolution images the moment you press the shutter button halfway. When you see the moment you want to capture, fully press the shutter button to instantly save that moment plus the buffered shots. Because you can go back 35 frames, you get the split second image you want without any lag. Never miss an exciting moment again.
AF TARGET MODES
- Choose from six AF Target Modes. Single Point captures still or small subjects. Group 9-Point is for moving subjects like aircraft and sports. Use Group 5-Point for bunched together subjects. All-Point helps capture subjects moving across the frame and use Group 25-Point for moving subjects like birds or small animals. Small Single Point gives you pinpoint accuracy for small objects like a flower. Plus, you can customize the shape and movement of your AF target. Choose from any odd number of points from 11 vertical and 11 horizontal and from three levels of horizontal and vertical area movement steps.
ORIENTATION LINKED AF TARGETS
- Customize the AF target and AF area position depending on whether you’re shooting in a horizontal or vertical position.
C-AF SENSITIVITY SETTINGS
- Choose from five C-AF tracking sensitivity settings depending on your subject and scene.
C-AF + MF
- Scenes or subjects can change quickly. You can instantly switch from C-AF to MF by turning the focusing ring on your M.Zuiko lenses.
- This feature lets you establish three in-camera AF operating distances that can be used with all autofocus lenses. Program a custom button to instantly turn the limiters on or off.
AF LOW INTENSITY LIMIT -6EV
- Helps you use the autofocus system to take clear, sharp images when your shooting in the dark or photographing low-contrast subjects.
YOU HAVE A VISION. WE’LL BRING IT TO LIFE.
Photography is endlessly creative. The E-M1 Mark III is equipped with features to help you bring your ideas to fruition.
- Take the guesswork out of long exposure photography. Live Composite Mode stitches together multiple images shot at the same shutter speed and keeps the images from getting too bright. Shoot in Live Composite Mode for up to 6 hours to easily capture dramatic photos of star trails, evocative nighttime cityscapes and moody landscapes without worrying about over or underexposure. Live Bulb Mode and Live Time Mode let you view your image’s exposure level in real time so you’ll know when it’s perfect.
FOCUS STACKING / FOCUS BRACKETING
- Capture sharp macro photos in focus from foreground to the background with deep depth of field. The E-M1 Mark III’s in-camera Focus Stacking lets you choose from 3 to 15 shots with varying focal points, then merges them to form one image with edge-to-edge clarity. Focus Bracketing lets you capture up to 999 shots at varying focus points. Use Olympus Workspace photo editing software to create dramatic macro shots that have even greater depth of field.
- Silent Mode turns off the mechanical shutter and shuts off all electronic sounds. Perfect for when you need to keep a low profile in settings like an outdoor wedding or photographing wildlife.
IN-BODY FISHEYE COMPENSATION
- Use the M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 8mm F1.8 Fisheye PRO to capture wide-angle shots. This in-body feature removes the curving distortion and opens up creative new shooting options.
- Take stronger architecture photos. Keystone Compensation Mode corrects for converging lines in-camera by applying trapezoidal compensation that improves perspective.
ANTI-FLICKER SHOOTING (MECHANICAL SHUTTER ONLY)
- Capture consistent indoor shots. Anti-Flicker Mode compensates for artificial light by automatically activating the shutter at peak brightness to help smooth exposure and color differences between frames.
FLICKER SCAN (ELECTRONIC SHUTTER ONLY)
- For brighter, more evenly lit indoor shots use Flicker Scan Mode with the electronic shutter to minimize the fluttering effect of LED lighting.
- Quickly get to your favorite settings. The E-M1 Mark III features 4 individual modes that can be customized based on subject and scene.
CONTROL PANEL MODE
- Finding and checking critical shooting information is easier than ever. We added a new control panel mode that instantly displays all essential settings on the back monitor.
- Designed with input from top pros, My Menu lets you instantly access up to 35 commands using 5 tabs with 7 items in each. Just press a button to add, remove or move a command in your menu.
BUILT-IN WI-FI + BLUETOOTH
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth makes sharing simple. Our free OI.Share app syncs the E-M1 Mark III to your smart device. Compose images, adjust settings, shoot remotely and download your photos and videos directly from your smart device.
OLYMPUS CAPTURE FOR WIRELESS STUDIO SHOOTING
- Managing the workflow of studio shooting is effortless with Olympus Capture. The camera can transfer images to your PC using high-speed 5GHz wireless, or a wired USB connection.
EDIT IN OLYMPUS WORKSPACE
- Edit your way. Olympus Workspace is our advanced photo editing software that lets you customize the layout based on the way you work. Use it to manage your files, make color, contrast, noise adjustments to your RAW images and use our Clarity and Dehaze Filters. Apply settings to batches of images prior to processing for efficient workflow. Connect your E-M1 Mark III to your computer via a USB cable and harness the camera’s lightning fast TruePic™ IX processor for fast batch processing of RAW images.
SHOOT SMOOTH 4K VIDEO WITH ONLY YOUR HANDS.
Leave the bulky stabilizing gear at home. Our powerful in-camera image stabilization system makes capturing smooth C4K/4K video effortlessly.
HANDHELD 4K / CINEMA4K SHOOTING
- Shoot spectacularly smooth video without being tied to a tripod, jib or other unwieldy stabilizing gear. The E-M1 Mark III is equipped with powerful in-body 5-Axis Image Stabilization to compensate for all types of camera movement while capturing video. As an extra measure, we added electronic stabilization to help you capture super smooth C4K or 4K video with nothing but your hands and talent.
- Lighting can change quickly, especially when you’re working on the fly. Shooting with OM-Log Mode compared to Flat maximizes dynamic range to keep your video clean and crisp without losing details in shadow or highlights. A Look Up Table lets you easily grade your color using DaVinci Resolve post-production software. A View Assist feature converts the video to a BT.709 equivalent so you can watch it in Live View.
HIGH SPEED FULL HD 120FPS MOVIE
- Capture Full 1080p HD video at 120fps, but playback at 24fps for expressive slow motion. Or playback at 120fps for stunningly vivid and detailed video.
AF FOR VIDEO SHOOTING
- The E-M1 Mark III has on-chip Phase Detection AF for video that use improved algorithms to ensure fast and accurate focusing. Choose from four AF target modes — Single, All-points, Group 9-point or Group 25-point — plus three AF tracking sensitivity/speed settings.
CLEAN HDMI MONITOR CONNECTION
- An HDMI monitor connection supports clean 4:2:2, 10-bit output giving you an expanded range for color correction.
HIGH RESOLUTION SOUND RECORDING WITH THE LS-P4
- Give your movie high resolution, true-to-life sound by going all Olympus. Seamlessly attach an Olympus LS-P4 PCM Recorder to the Olympus E-M1 Mark III’s hot shoe and connect the audio cable. Or place the recorder near your subject. The LS-P4 opens up many possibilities like directional sound, zoomed audio recording, level adjustment, and other functionality introduced with LS-P4 Firmware 1.10. With the the LS-P4 and the E-M1 Mark III, you’ll capture high quality, high definition sound, and have plenty of editing flexibility. Get your audio and video from one system.