The i400 features the use of a selector dial to quickly move through all settings.
Flash protection function:
When the red LED lamp starts blinking, it means that flash is overheating. The LED turns red when charging. When the LED lamp turns green, the flash ischarged and you can start to shoot.
- Focal length range 24-105mm
- Extremely compact and lightweight - 7oz / 3.4 height
- Easy to use selector dials
- Sturdy metal hotshoe with quick release
- High-speed sync up to 1/8000 sec
- Fast recycling time
*Metal hotshoe not available for Sony. Quick release for all models.
Selector dials Simple & Innovative
The selector dials are innovative and very easy to use. The small lamps indicate the current settings so that even beginners can quickly get started.
The "A" is for automatic mode. Use this setting when you use your camera in the automaticmode. The camera and flash will communicate to produce the poroper amount of flash output for the scene.
The TTL works similar to the A mode but allows the user to override the cameras commands to the flash. You can adjust the flash +/- 2 EV in 1/2 EV steps.
The M is for manual mode. This mode allows the user to determine the output of the flash and set it manually form full power, 1/1, down to 1/256 power.
For Canon, Nikon, Sony, Fujifilm & Olympus/Panasonic Camera Systems
The pocket-sized powerful mini
The pocket-sized Nissin i400 weighs only 7.2 oz. (1), and is perfect for use as a fill-in flash even on the sunniest of days. Its compact dimensions make the i400 the ideal flash for family outings, indoor/outdoor shootings and is especially suitable for traveling. Professional functionality: Syncs up to 1/8000 sec. (3); flash output GN 40 at 105 mm; simple operation panel with two selector dials to operate the flash; flash head tilts up and rotates to make bounced lighting more versatile by utilizing more angles.
Selector dial - simple and innovative
The Nissin i400 has two selector dials, a function dial and a power dial. The small lamps indicate the current settings so that even beginners can quickly get started.
Professional flash head design
The flash head rotates 180° horizontally from left to right, and tilts upwards to 90° making bounce shooting more arbitrary and maximizing the angles that can be used.
Metal hotshoe and quick release button (3)
The i400 has a durable metal hotshot (not available for the Sony version due to limitation of the Multi Interface Shoe design) and features a quick release button. It is easy to attach to your camera and reduces the risk of damage caused by frequent or quick installation.
Supports up to 1/8000 second shutter speeds. (2)
Use this setting when you use your camera in the automatic mode. The camera and flash will communicate to produce the proper amount of flash output for the scene.
TTL flash level compensation
The power of the flash can be regulated using the TTL flash level compensation. Whereas the total exposure is controlled by the camera's EV compensation function, the flash can compensate for exposure on the main subject only, with little impact on the exposure of the background scene. The flash power level can be adjusted from -2EV to +2EV in 0.5EV steps.
This mode allows the user to determine the output of the flash and set it manually from full power, 1/1 , down to 1/256 power.
Four AA batteries (not included)
The i400 operates with 4 AA batteries. This lessens recycling time and reduces the need to change batteries frequently.
- For Canon, Nikon, Sony, Fujifilm & Olympus/Panasonic camera systems (4)
- GN 40 (105 mm) / GN 27 (35 mm) at ISO 100
- Focal length coverage 24 - 105 mm (35 mm CCD format)
- Built-in wide angle diffuser
- Professional flash head design
- Built-in AF assist light (5)
- Metal hotshoe (3) and quick release button
- High-Speed synchronization
- Operates with only four AA batteries (not included)
(1) Weight excluding batteries.
(2) The maximum synchronization speed depends upon the camera model - High speed sync is available only for compatible cameras. Please refer to the compatibility chart.
(3) Not available for Sony cameras.
(4) Please refer to the compatibility chart.
(5) If camera body emits an AF assist light, it will not activate the AF light on the i400.