GFX100 combines decades of experience, knowledge, and research into a mirrorless large format camera that redefines the boundaries and limitations of how photographers and filmmakers creatively express themselves. By raising the bar in large format auto-focus performance, being one of the first large format systems to have in-body stabilization, and providing filmmakers with a way to push the limits of wide format 4K/30p motion capture, GFX100 is not only reshaping how images are being made, but it is also redefining large format for the world’s next generation of image makers.
- 1st 102MP Back-side Illuminated (BSI) Sensor in a Mirrorless Camera: The FUJIFILM GFX100 pairs a newly-developed back-illuminated 102MP imaging sensor with our blazingly fast X Processor 4 processing engine to create a combination capable of outputting 16-bit images with amazing color fidelity, rich shadow detail, and incredible dynamic range. Its back-illuminated structure enhances image quality by bringing the exposure plane closer to the color filter array. This reduces noise levels from that typically experienced with mirrorless cameras and extends the native ISO to ISO100. Sharpness is also enhanced, while moire and false colors are near eliminated through the omission of an optical low-pass filter.
- 1st Large Format with IBIS: High-Resolution Image Sensors require a particularly high level of stability to ensure image clarity and sharpness. Small vibrations can often cause interruptions during the capture process and may even lead to soft and out of focus images despite the use of a tripod. GFX100 addresses these critical issues by providing filmmakers and photographers with built-in 5-axis image stabilization. A dedicated dual processor works together with gyroscopic accelerometers to achieve sensor stability with speed and precision to provide up to five-stops of image stabilization, even if the camera is fitted with a non-optically stabilized FUJINON lens. Precise large format capture is now feasible in low-light conditions or when shooting handheld.
- 1st On-Board Phase Detection Hybrid AF with near 100% Coverage: Compared to traditional large format digital systems, GFX100 raises the bar in auto-focus performance by utilizing AF phase detection pixels across most of the sensor to help photographers obtain focus wherever they choose to position their subjects in the frame. At approximately 100% coverage, increased auto-focus performance with speed and accuracy is now a complete reality for photographers needing optimum performance in subject tracking, face/ eye detection and low-contrast environments.
- 1st Large Format with full sensor width 4K video @ 30p: While digital cinema has pushed into the world of larger format (35mm x 24mm), limited options still exist for creatives interested in big sensors. With a sensor size of 43.9mm x 32.9mm, GFX100 offers filmmakers a viable alternative in achieving their creative visions. The new sensor and processor combination support 4K video recording at 30p/10bit with a uniquely cinematic, large format look for cinematographers who want exceptional control over depth of field and film-like tonality. With the ability to apply Fujifilm’s highly respected Film Simulations, record in F-Log Rec 2020, and capture 10-bit, 4:2:2 uncompressed footage through the HDMI port, GFX100 should certainly be coming soon to a screen near you.
- Unparalleled Color Reproduction and Film Simulations: FUJIFILM’s legacy in color science has helped create one of the most widely-acclaimed digital color processing engines in the world. Benefiting from 85 years of research and development in color imaging, the GFX100 utilizes this same venerated color processing engine found in other X Series and GFX digital cameras. Offering 16 Film Simulation modes gives photographers and filmmakers a way to match their artistic intent much like they do when choosing purpose-specific photographic emulsions. This not only builds upon Fujifilm’s heritage and color science know-how, but also exposes a new generation to the aesthetic benefits of Fujifilm’s contributions to the photographic arts.
- Capture One Supported: Tethered capture is a necessity for many professional large format camera users and the GFX100 works with Capture One software to help photographers create, manage, and maintain a streamlined workflow from capture through to delivery. With Capture One, raw Fujifilm images can be processed quickly with the option to apply Fujifilm’s unique Film Simulations during file conversion for even greater artistic possibilities.