Close in on the action with the EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS II USM telephoto zoom lens. With a wide zoom range and fast, near-silent autofocus, it can be ideal for anyone looking to capture distant subjects. Equipped with NANO USM technology it quickly focuses so you're able to get the exact moment you want, as it happens. This technology also helps provide ultra-quiet operation while video recording to help ensure the only audio you hear is what you intended to keep. While you're setting up that ideal shot, the new Lens Information Display provides a convenient way to check focal length, focus distance or depth of field with just a quick glance. If you find yourself without a tripod and unable to keep the camera perfectly steady, built-in Image Stabilization will help keep your images as clear as possible despite camera movement. Inside, the EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS II USM has an optimally-placed UD lens element which helps produce high-contrast and high-detail images while reducing chromatic aberrations. Combining a wide zoom range with fast autofocus and high-quality optics, the EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS II USM is perfect for APS-C camera and full-frame camera photographers, or anyone looking to expand their lens options with a fast and powerful telephoto zoom lens.
High-speed autofocus for shooting stills and smooth, near-silent autofocus when shooting video are achieved by incorporating NANO USM technology.
- The EF 70–300mm f/4–5.6 IS II USM's NANO USM technology delivers quick, near-silent autofocus whether you're capturing an athlete jumping for a ball or recording wildlife in their natural habitat. For still images, it provides high-speed autofocus to help ensure you get the shot you want. When recording videos, the near-silent operation keeps unwanted noise out of your videos. For additional artistic control, manual focus is also possible even when the lens is set for autofocus. This means that when recording a video, for example, you can slowly pull in or out of focus for a dramatic effect.
New Lens Information Display shows focusing distance, focal length and shake amount.
- The EF 70–300mm f/4–5.6 IS II USM features a new integral Lens Information Display for fast access to a wide variety of lens information. This lets you see the information you need at a glance, and then get right back to taking photos. The focusing distance display mode provides the distance the lens is focusing and an estimate of the depth of field, while the focal length display mode shows the 35mm-equivalent focal length. In shake amount display mode, the Lens Information Display gives an estimate of how much the lens and the camera are moving. To aid viewing in different lighting conditions, both black text on a light background or light text on a black background are selectable.
One UD Lens helps reduce chromatic aberration and delivers outstanding high-resolution and high-contrast results.
- With an all-new design, the EF 70–300mm f/4–5.6 IS II USM features 12 groups with 17 total elements, including an optimally positioned UD lens. UD, or Ultra Low Dispersion, helps correct chromatic aberrations (coloured halos around objects) while reducing colour blurring and keeping overall detail high. This helps the EF 70–300mm f/4–5.6 IS II USM produce sharp, high-contrast, richly colourful images throughout its zoom range.
Image Stabilizer effect at up to 4* stops of shake correction helps capture sharp images.
- For consistently sharp results, the EF 70–300mm f/4–5.6 IS II USM features an improved Image Stabilizer system that provides significantly enhanced shake reduction for up to 4 stops* of shutter speeds. This means more reliable handheld performance and clearer detail in low-light situations or at lower ISOs. Because of its enhanced stabilization, theEF 70–300mm f/4–5.6 IS II USM can also help minimize the need for a tripod.
Circular aperture (9 blades) helps deliver beautiful, soft backgrounds.
- Thanks to its 9-blade, circular aperture, the EF 70–300mm f/4–5.6 IS II USM is capable of gorgeous, evocative out-of-focus areas and soft backgrounds throughout its zoom range. By delivering an incredible level of control over background blur, it helps you create intimacy and intensity in your photos and videos for impactful results.
Full-time manual focus allows manual focus adjustment while in AF Mode.
- The EF 70–300mm f/4–5.6 IS II USM offers complete manual control, even when AF is engaged, with a simple twist of the lens's focus ring. Additionally, full-time manual focus means it's easy to achieve and maintain focus manually, which can be especially handy when shooting video or composing still images on an SLR's screen.